Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Roundabout Getaway

Just a few journal-ly thoughts on my second biz trip sans baby . .


  • Being a Mummy still means I am phucking incapable of getting to a destination with getting incredibly lost (though, miraculously, I still can make it on time, WTF?!
  • Roundabouts. Sigh. AARRRGGGHHHH. Another SIGH!

  • I was not nearly as nervous on this trip that the baby would freak out that I was away from her, but this is probably because it was only for one night

  • I do love D.C., despite the idiots running/ruining it. I really should have gone there my junior year of college liked I had always planned, and interned on Capitol Hill. Sigh. Oh well, love takes you in different directions, I guess!

My hotel stay deserves it's own little set of notations, too . . .

  • It was my third time staying in a Kimpton Hotel, and I was blown away for a third time!

  • The Hotel Rouge was a challenge to find, but thanks to their sympathetic front desk I did eventually

  • The room was even bigger than I had imagined (yee haw, bigger isn't always better, but when it comes to room size it sure sways me when there is plenty o' room to move)

  • I felt all shiny and new having an evening (despite being work-dictated) in which my only responsibilities were to take care of myself

  • It felt luxurious to be able to roll around in a bed so comfy, with super-plump pillows that seemed made just for me

  • Though I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, I felt strangely refreshed and relaxed as I sat in meetings on Day Two of the conference

So, to sum, I battled some Being-Away-From-Baby Guilt, but I still can firmly pronounce the biz trip a success, even if for selfish reasons.

No comments: