Friday, October 27, 2006

Buh-Bye Ford Credit

Last night I did something I've been looking forward to for 5 years . . . I made the very last payment on my car. Yep, it's all mine now!!! I own it wholly and completely.

I was so proud when I first got the car. Sure, I'd had two cars before that, but both had been bought and paid for by Daddy. This one was all on me.

More than anything, I was so proud of myself for the negotiations that went into purchasing the car. It took hours, but I finally got them to sell me the car for $1,600 under dealer invoice, and financed it at 1.9%. Not bad for a carbuying newbie.

I have never regretted the purchase -- I love that car! She's held up well -- still looks good, has fabulous fuel economy, and has quite the zippy engine.

And she's not going anywhere . . . I plan on driving her another 5 years.

No comments: