Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sure, This Qualifies as Sick Time!

I had to leave work at lunchtime today for an emergency manicure appointment. Really. Some of you may laugh, but as my trainer remarked last night at the gym, "Ohmigawd . . . I have never seen you with a broken nail before! WOW!"

By a pure stroke of luck, Melissa had an opening at noon today, so I hustled on over to her place, full of appreciation. One must always remember to butter up their manicurist -- especially one who does silk wraps, which I require -- I have heard Melissa speak with disdain about "standing clients" (that's someone like me, with a standing appt. every two weeks), who she has "had to kick out of the book." YIKES!

I have been with Melissa for 10 years now -- she' s an intergral part of My Team. I don't know what I'd do without her! She usually pours me a glass or two of wine while she sharpens my claws . . . so, it's like therapy, only with booze and the swapping of juicy sex stories!

No comments: