Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What a Difference a Week Makes

Survived my first full week at my new job. Though considering I was out of the office at a conference for 4 out of 5 days, it was kind of a surreal first week . . . nothing like being thrown into the deep end of the swimming pool, eh?!

There are moments when I am so excited about what lays ahead of me, and I am so happy to have landed this rather plum gig (especially considering some of the folks I beat out for it)! And then there are moments in which I am absolutely overwhlemed, and wondering what the heck am I doing?

Thank goodness Dr. J remembers the person I used to be, and reminds me that I once had the necessary confidence, and magic, required to do this type of profession successfully. And he has let me know that I will get it back, and recognize myself when that happens.

And his confidence feels good to me. Real good.

No comments: