Sunday, December 31, 2006

I Guess I Gotta Do My List

I strongly considered not doing my annual Year in Review List for my blog. It's just been such a rough year, that I have been feeling like, why the hell should I bother? But I looked back over what I had written in previous years, and thought I'd give in to tradition and try to come up with something to record, at least for tradition's sake (which I am big on). So here goes . . . .

WHAT WAS GOOD:

1. Getting to know Kirsten, even if it's only through e-mail. What a hilarious treasure she is (and has provided endless fantasy moments for Dr. J). And she has given me some small sliver of hope.
2. Apple-picking in Wooster, Ohio.
3. A wonderful, much-needed visit by my Father-in-Law.
4. Finding a new job. Free At Last, Free At Last!!! Shove it, Guido!
5. Maintaining a full year of NO credit-card debt for Dr. J & I.
6. Distractions . . . sometimes you just have to have them!
7. Adrian/ManHands -- always keeps me amused with her wacky adventures.
8. Dear, dear, dear friends, like Hamster & Lori -- girls, you sustain me over & over & over again. And dear, dear, dear neighbors, like RKB, and Diane & "Marty."
9. Dr. J getting his ass in gear, recognizing that "It's Time."
10. Mom & Lou are reunited and it feels so good.


WHAT WAS BAD:

1. My close friend went back to a man who is an abusive husband & father, and told me I was a "horrible person" for "not supporting her choices." Yeah, as if. Sorry, I ain't playin', hon. When you're ready, call me and I will help you, again. MY word is good.
2. The insane crap Dr. J has had to deal with in pursuit of office space. Unbelievable.
3. Having to eat so much shit at my former job -- see ya, High School!
4. Feeling compelled to lie about our Christmas plans.
5. Rosie O'Donnell being allowed back on the air. GO DONALD!!!
6. The 24th of every month.
7. No more E.D. Hill on Fox & Friends each weekday morning. Miss her!
8. Having to give up an accrued 6 weeks of sick time I had at High School.
9. The mid-term elections.
10. Losing Casey.



WHAT I LEARNED:

1. Women can make some VERY stupid choices. Continually.
2. Bubble baths are very important. Thank you, HotMary, for reminding me of that!
3. An HSG test frickin' hurts -- I am a super-tough cookie, and whew, I still shudder at the memory. Sign me up for military boot camp -- it has to be easier.
4. That I am seriously doubting this ol' "There is a Plan" B.S. Please. Spare me.
5. People say the most insensitive things. Just shut up. Say you're sorry, and offer to cry with me. If you can't manage that, then refer to the advice on shutting up.
6. Life continues to be very rough since moving back to PA.
7. John Kerry IS as big of an elitist ass as we've suspected all along.
8. People STILL don't get how serious national security is.
9. Welfare queens, the unemployed, drug addicts, smokers, minority women, and chicks who are bad with money are thee most fertile bunch of bitches on the plant.
10. Nothing makes much sense to me anymore. Confusion can reign supreme.

No comments: