Thursday, November 23, 2006

My Big Fat New Job

Yes, I did it -- and in one week's time I will be FREE from "High School" (what I call my current place of employment) and the clutches my evil boss, "Guido."

I have landed a dream job -- at least a dream job for ME, anyway. Of course, my ultimate dream job is Chief of Staff to the Vice-President of the United States. Why not the Top Dog himself? Eh, too much pressure, too many hassles and long nights. The Vice-President gets to do more fun and less pressure-filled things, like fly to Turkey for a funeral, go on a listening tour in Asia, yadda, yadda. Yeah, definitely more fun and varied, but still important and exciting and full of power-exerting moments.

But anyway, back to my new employment. It feels so good to know that I landed this gig from over 140 applicants! It's like being crowned Miss America, only without the whole evening gown competition (though I do look fabulous in an evening gown!). I am so excited to have finally found an opportunity to reclaim so much of the awesome job I had back in Kal-ee-forn-yah, which I loved!!!

Everyone keeps telling me how proud they are of me. And you know what? I am proud of me, too.

No comments: