Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

Today seems like the most appropriate day of the whole year to take a moment to give thanks for the blessings in my life. So here is a list of what I am thankful for:

  • Being married to the kindest, funniest, and most supportive husband that could possibly exist in this world.
  • My friend Lisa, who in addition to making me laugh so hard it hurts, was truly "there for me" over the summer as I grieved the most painful loss of my life. She'll never know what a lifeline she was for me.
  • That my Mom and Stepfather are "Reunited and It Feels So Good," as the song goes. Though their lives are incredibly hectic, they genuinely seem happy, and this relieves me and Dr. J of a lot of previous care-taking time and energy that had been devoted to helping my Mom adjust to their painful 3-year separation.
  • Sandi, my cousin, for all of her wise counsel and tremendous understanding. I am not sure when I stopped being the "Big Sister" in our relationship, but she has certainly taken on the role, and helped convinced me that I am not crazy.
  • Having the best military in the world. And the smartest, too.
  • For our terrific neighbor and handy neighborhood lawyer, RKB!
  • Dr. J's lips -- I could kiss them forever and still never be done with them.
  • Vince Flynn's brilliant novels.
  • My two favorite e-mail buddies, "ManHands" and "MILF the MilkMaid" out in Kal-ee-forn-yah, who make each day go much faster.
  • The complete faith I have in Dr. J opening his new practice.

No comments: