Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I Did It Again!

As is my tradition, every year on our anniversary I try on my wedding dress. Some people think it's sweet and romantic, and a way to remind Dr. J of that special, beautiful day.

But that's not why I do it. I try it on to prove to myself that I can still fit into it.

I never wanted to be one of those women who looks great on her wedding day, and then, with each year, puts on more and more weight. I really worked hard to lose weight over the years. Not so I could look good on my wedding day, but because I was tired of how tiring it was (physically and emotionally) to be fat. I lost all of the weight well before my wedding day, but I knew that even after I was married, I wanted to keep in shape. I wanted to be someone, physically, that I was proud of, and someone that Dr. J could be proud to point to across the room and say "That's MY wife!"

So on our anniversary (either the 3rd or the 14th, depending upon how you count), I donned Thee Gown (STILL thee most beautiful gown ever!) . . . AND IT FIT, BABY!!!





And so now, I cheerfully say to anyone who has ever doubted me . . . HAH! Yeah, this is HOW I ROLL!


Yeah, go super-size yer fries, bitches -- while I show you how a real woman keeps in shape!

1 comment:

GRITS said...

I am SO proud of you. Knowing you keep in shape for YOURSELF is so inspiring. And happy belated anniversary to you and your wonderful husband!