Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Car Wars . . . "

[Cue mental image of that old "Saturday Night Live" sketch of Bill Murray as lounge singer, singing "Star Wars, nothing more than Star Wars . . . "]

Continuing on with my car saga, I called the dealership on Monday morning, as my girl was letting me know that she could only give me a few more miles of oomph before I had to deal with what I have come to refer to as "The Whole Wingnut Issue." Sigh.

Luckily, Chuck the Mechanic understood my description of the problem -- so I either I explained it really well or Chuck is a mind reader. Probably both. So Chuck tells me to bring 'er on in at the end of the day.

My car limped, and I mean limped, to the dealership. Fortunately, a kind soul took pity on me, picking me up at the dealership and safely depositing me at home. I did offer a small bribe, though, so maybe he was incentivized, lol?!

Eureka! This afternoon, while I was busy in a meeting that, while much was accomplished, just . . . wouldn't . . . end . . . the dealership actually called my cell phone FIVE TIMES to tell me that my girl had been fixed, and was ready for pickup! And the price was right, too, hee-hee!!! (Cheaper than a new VS bra, for those of you keeping tally!)

So I was reunited with my girl this afternoon. She purred. And I breathed a huge, happy, and contented sigh of relief!

No comments: