Saturday, March 24, 2007

Does Anyone Own a Mirror Anymore?

I am not trying to be a bitch here, I swear. It's just that I can't ignore this any further, and it's increasingly driving me nuts whenever I venture to the mall, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

WHY are more and more women insisting on wearing clothes that are AT LEAST two sizes too small for them? I am so sick of seeing rolls of fat poking out from under some chick's too tight shirt! And let's not forget the gal who, because she has big boobs, thinks that this entitles her to squeeze into a scoop-neck top that not only gives us quite a view, but also forces us to confront her "back fat" as well! (I admit, back fat is one of my biggest visual pet peeves -- if you have back fat, that's fine -- but must we all have to view it in public?!).

Today, I spotted a nice-enough looking (though overly tanned) twentysomething girl at the checkout line with her boyfriend. She had on a top that was way too tight across her belly, which only made it look all that much worse (hint: try a few more sit-ups and a few less beers, sweetie!) This shirt was paired with a REALLY short jean skirt that barely skimmed her butt! I mean, c'mon?! It'd be one thing if she was a hot chick with a smokin' bod to match, but she was NOT all that! Her thighs were already heavy, and the skirt just made it look soooo much worse!

Now, so there is no misunderstanding, I am NOT even touching the growing obesity problem in America (I'll save that for another post). I am merely asking the women of America to take a good, honest look in the mirror before they wear something out in public! If you want to carry around a few pounds, eat to your heart's content, not exercise, so be it. But for gawd's sake, please STOP wearing clothes your body is clearly not made for!

No comments: