Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sucking Wind

So much has been going on in my life, and yet I am too stressed or busy or overwhelmed to speak of it.

Okay, so let me at least mark another reluctant weekend of home improvement progress . . . we managed the following:

  • Bought more necessary crap for our pending trip to China (me, with help from my Mommy)
  • Swept the basement (me)
  • Swept the garage (Dr. J)
  • Assembled the pressure-mounted baby gate (Me)
  • Rust removal and repainting of porch railing (Dr. J, last week -- thank you!!!)
  • Assembled the jogging stroller (joint effort)
  • Assembled the regular stroller (me, last week)
  • Ceiling fan with light mounted in baby's room (friend)
  • Mounted the white wooden letters spelling baby's name on the wall above her bed (joint effort -- kee-rist what an ordeal, WHO KNEW?!?!)

Up next:
  • Mounting of FOUR pressure-mounted baby gates (I really need to purchase this, I swear)
  • More buying of necessary crap for trip
  • Put foam bumpers on every conceivable sharp corner in living room, dining room, and baby's room
  • Reorganize hall closet
  • Rearrange linen closet, making room for baby's stuff and tub essentials
  • Wash & soften up her sheets & pillowcases
  • Steal lightweight suitcases from friends and family (USA weight limits on luggage are 55 pounds / China's are 44 pounds. Grrrr.)
  • 6,413 other things that I keep re-remembering and re-forgetting. And reminding Mr. No-Short-Term-Memory (aka the lovely Dr. J) about them
Eh, at least we finally got our swimsuits for the trip. I can't believe I got a two-piece (top & bottom) AND a coverup skirt for the hotel, and managed to not have a self-loathing moment throughout it. WOW!

Miracles never cease, I guess.

No comments: