Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Year In Review

Normally I wait until the official last day of the year to do this, but since I am travelling it's gonna have to be a day early. Here's hoping that nothing shocking happens tomorrow that alters these lists -- then again, I will be seeing "The Bitch Cow," a.k.a. my S-I-L who needs to drop 20 pounds, and upset & humiliated me the last time I saw her, so who the phuck knows?! That's okay, I am in a much better place this year, one of strength, and I swear I will kick her cream puff ass if she so much as looks at me funny. Cheers!

WHAT WAS GOOD:
  1. Falling in love with Lil Pumpkin the moment I saw her referral photos
  2. Greasy, delicious, noodles and rice from "The Baby Restaurant."
  3. Hearing Jane repeatedly ask "does anybody need any pure, bottled, water?!"
  4. Chinese hospitality and housekeeping. And laundry.
  5. Adrian's surprise packages.
  6. Crazy cross-country chats.
  7. Kimbolton!
  8. Unlimited texting. Still.
  9. Hope found me.
  10. Watching my Dad fall in love with his granddaughter.
  11. Being granted the privilege to love & parent the most amazing child that ever existed. And I am not biased. Really.

WHAT WAS BAD:

  1. First-hand experience of just how much a toddler can grieve. As prepared as we were, it was still 100x's worse than anything you can imagine.
  2. The Nanning Airport meltdown (Lil Pumpkin's and our own)
  3. The IRS announcing mileage reimbursement is decreasing in 2009. Phuck.
  4. Chinese heat & humidity.
  5. The visit to the County Health Dept.
  6. Extreme financial stress.
  7. The repeat visit to the County Health Dept.
  8. Losing/misplacing my beloved & semi-pricey RayB.ans. I have waaay sun-sensitive eyes and my el' cheapos ain't cuttin' it.
  9. The Bath That Broke The Ceiling.
  10. Cracks and crevices that deepen into caves.
  11. The mourning of what likely happened to Yuanchun.

WHAT I LEARNED:

  1. Attachment techniques work if you stay consistent!
  2. How to clean my house in 60 minutes time, top to bottom. Okay, maybe 90 minutes. And okay, maybe just passable enough to fool visitors.
  3. Micro-fleece is my friend. Meow. Not sexy, but warm.
  4. Dr. J is capable of mowing the grass if it gets high enough.
  5. God's power to bring together the right baby to us, under extraordinary circumstances.
  6. My husband can dig way deep when he wants to. Evidence: walking, walking, and more walking. And then bonding, bonding, and more bonding.
  7. Dr. J and I could NEVER have created a child more stunning than the one we adopted. Every inch of her is stunning.
  8. Wedding details are far less stressful when you are a bridesmaid than when you are Thee Bride (love ya, Lori!)
  9. I am Sydney Ellen Wade.
  10. Things can get better.
  11. Faith does make things possible, not easy. Truly. Just like the sign said near my house.

WHAT I WANT TO DO IN THE NEW YEAR (my potpourri category winner):

  1. Get toned again.
  2. Buy a treadmill and not feel guilty about it. (LMAO).
  3. Embrace DVR.
  4. Not cry when on a business trip.
  5. Take more long baths. Uninterrupted.
  6. Start/Finish the Life Book.
  7. Hike on every sunny day. Or at least use the jogging stroller.
  8. Feel sexy again.
  9. Stay unapologetically patriotic and in-love with our troops!
  10. Hook up with Howard again.
  11. Fall in love all over again.

No comments: