Tuesday, September 25, 2007

FIELD REPORT -- Sunday

After dragging ourselves out of bed and packing up, we had brunch in the hotel. The Bride and Groom paid for everyone to have brunch on them, which was a classy and welcome send off. It also gave everybody a chance to say goodbye. For me, it was rather sad to say goodbye to Dr. J's godparents, Arlene & Joey (I wanted to cry!!!)

We finally had a few very special moments of bonding with Nicole and Mike, which I will always treasure. I know I have work conference in San Diego in a few years, so I will most definitely be looking forward to seeing them then (as well as Jesse, hee hee).

Nicole remains an amazing source of strength and support to Dr. J & I -- as a couple and as individuals. I have often said I wish Nicole and I weren't related through my husband -- she's that terrific kind of gal you want to confess all of your deep dark twisted stuff to (like Lori!), and get into all sorts of Bad Girl tourble with!

We also finally got to "see" why Nicole and Mike fit together -- sometimes couples are not so obvious on first glance (gawd knows Dr. J & I are not!) But now we know.

It was sad to leave everyone and drive up to the Bay Area, but we were excited to reunite with Adrian again, and were looking forward to our Napa expedition the following day, as well as meeting Kirsten on Monday night.

Line of the Day:


* Nicole -- "So I understand that Wes called every woman at my wedding reception a cunt. Except for your wife. He LOVED her!"

No comments: