Monday, September 03, 2007

You Wanna Be On Top?

I was a bit of a bum today. We went to Aunt Lee's for her Labor Day Luncheon (hey, steaks were on the menu, so we would have gone no matter what the holiday theme).

My Uncle Freddie got me loaded up on cheap Chardonnay, the bastard (nobody else drinks in my family, 'cept for Dr. J & I). So by the time we got home around 4-ish, I was experiencing that post-afternoon-of-drinking sleepy feeling, which lead me to crash on the couch for several hours, catching up on the reruns of reality fare.

One of my faves, "America's Next Top Model" was on MTV. Sigh, I do love this show. I admit it. Plus, I have loved Tyra Banks since she first started showing her ta-ta's for Victoria's Secret (another one of my loves, sigh).

Aw hell, I love t.v. in general. It's my #1 vice. And I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Now I don't think everything that Tyra Banks does is all that, but I find the show fun, so I tune in. Plus, my girls and I have found fun ways to incorporate the Tyra terms of "fierce" and "rock it" into our vocabulary. We like to mimic the them song to the show, too, when Tyra looks at the screen and challenges viewers by asking, "You Wanna Be On Top?!" Oh yes, Tyra, we do! We want it all!

Namely, we want the chance to get horizontal with "noted fashion photographer Nigel Barker." Meow!

Kirsten and I even like to cheer each other up by signing off our e-mails with such sage advice as "Oh honey, I know your life sucks right now but don't worry . . . you're still in the runnign to be America's Next Top Model!" (Only a true "ANTM" aficionado would understand!)

The new season of "AMTM" starts September 19th and I can't hardly wait!

No comments: