Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pride . . . and Prayers

It's Election Day. My shoulders and neck are one giant knot. All I want is a glass of wine, a lengthy deep-tissue massage, and to have one moment of tranquility. Actually, make that a bottle of wine.

Two quick items before I retire for two hours of television-viewing ("The Unit" and "Cane" -- meow to all the men) . . .

  1. HAMSTER -- I am so very proud of you, and your grit. Can't wait to hear all of the details about your day, and the those to come
  2. DADDY -- My Dad is having very major surgery tomorrow. It will change a lot of things in our family afterwards. Despite all of the crap he and the stepmonster have put us through over the past few years . . . I still need him. He's a terrific Dad, and I am lucky to have had him as long as I have.

So I will be doing a lot of praying tonight. And respecting my Dad's wishes by NOT hanging out at the hospital. But my heart will be there, just the same.

No comments: