Sunday, November 11, 2007

Taking the Edge Off

Baseball bats, plastic forks, voodoo dolls. All of these are things I have spent time this week thinking about, in conjunction with causing serious bodily injury to those around me. Please trust me, this was all work-related, and they all deserved it. Really.

While not negating the validity of my feelings, clearly, I needed to chill out.

So I played hooky a bit on Friday afternoon and went home to attend to matters (namely, my pending WiFi hookup). It's half-done, but hey, it's progress. Being out of the office, and thereby unaccountable to all for a few hours, also happened to give me the opportunity to improve my mood before company came to my house later that evening.

And that helped set me up for my much needed Saturday. It was "ME DAY." I started off with the massage that I have been begging for, and then it was off to see Melissa for my pre-Vegas manicure and pedicure appointments. Ahhhhhh. I capped off ME DAY by downloading a bunch of new songs to my Ipod, to make the plane ride more pleasurable

NOW . . . I am ready for next week. It will be busy, it will be crazy, there will be work, but I always manage to find slivers of fun, no matter what the circumstances.

As I think ahead to what awaits me in Vegas, I can't help but invoke the words of my fave guy cousin, Dave . . . "C'mon Benny, we ain't building railroads, here!"

No comments: