Saturday, November 17, 2007

PostSecret vs. Found -- There goes the Neighborhood 2007

We did something very unique on my first day back from The Big Vegas Trip (by the way, I slept for 12 straight hours as soon as I got home from the airport -- a REAL rarity for me, guess I was plumb tuckered out?!). Anyhoo, I had bought tickets for Dr. J and I to attend the "Post Secret vs. Found" event that was coming to our 'tahn, which I was sooooo excited about!

PostSecret is such a guilty pleasure . . . it provides that psychological voyeur window into other people's minds that so intrigues me. Sometimes the secrets are LOL funny, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes insightful, sometimes silly, and often inspiring. I have found myself continually connecting to people that I have never met, yet feel like I know all too well.

It was a thrill to meet the PostSecret founder/curator, Mr. Frank Warren on Saturday night, as he shared never before revealed secrets with those of us who crowded into a room to hear him speak. I actually found "PostSecret" by way of "Found," another ultra-cool site on the web. The "Found" boys were also there to add their own contribution to the event, which was also highly entertaining, and a perfect compliment to PostSecret. Well done, and well worth the money :o)

No comments: