Thursday, December 06, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yet another crazy day for me. It used to be that the first hour or so of my mornings were fairly tame, and I could ease into my day, with the last few hours of the work day being my busy time (and also when I got the most work done).

But in what has become an unfortunate theme, my mornings have been insane over the past month or two. This morning was no different. I had two big ass public meetings earlier in the week, which I have spent endless hours laying the groundwork for (i.e. schmoozing with the politicians), not to mention countless hours updating and prepping my members on their testimony, in addition to my own.

Nonetheless, this morning, I knew as soon as I made it to the office I would be busy, busy, busy playing catch up on a lot of things I unfortunately had to put aside/slack off of during the past few weeks -- they couldn't be ignored any longer. It felt good to get caught up a bit, and though I usually don't work as productively in the morning as I do later in the day, I soon settled into a good rhythm. But I know there is still a lot more ground to cover, since my physical attention to some of these things has been MIA for the past few weeks (though they've been on my mind throughout, even if I was consumed by other tasks).

Tonight, as I drove home, I couldn't believe how unbelievably tired I was. Just wiped out. As if the past few weeks stress and late hours and hard work finally caught up with me.

Now if it would just translate into the single good night of sleep I am in so desperate need of.


No comments: