Monday, February 25, 2008

My Guy Turns . . . . (hee hee, I won't say!)

Today is my guy's birthday! Yep, XX years ago he was born at a whopping 1.5 pounds. He was im the hospital for months until he was big enough to come home. Sadly, his twin sister Allison didn't make it.

Dr. J is called "the miracle baby" by his Nan (who is still adorable at 95 years of age). She tears up every time she brings up how "he was so small I could hold him in the palm of my hand." Well, he's a tall guy now, thank goodness!

For his birthday present I decided on concert tickets. He had such a good time when I got them for him last year (he took my BFF's boyfriend, now fiance, where they did major bonding). For the life of me I could not remember which band they saw, but oh well.

So I purchased Dr. J . . . RUSH tickets! His favorite band, and I splurged on the non-lawn seats (Dr. J does not do lawn seats, lol). He opened them this evening, and excitedly said "WOW, awesome, I get to go see RUSH again this summer!"

Then it hit me -- I got my husband the same damn gift two birthdays in a row. WTF?! I am a gawddamn idiot. LMAO!

I am trying to figure out if I could not remember he saw RUSH last summer because I was: (A) in too much of a grief-stricken fog to store details like that in my mind, or (B) I couldn't recall this info earlier in week because I am too stressed out now to think straight?!

I AM A BAAAAAD WIFE!!!! LOL, he loved the gift, but damn I feel stoo-pid!

LOVE YA, COOKIE!

No comments: