Sunday, February 03, 2008

On the Road Again





So I am in D.C. again. This is my third overnight (multiple) business trip since 2008 began. I don't mind. I actually welcome them -- I hate being stuck in the office.

[PLEASE CUE UP YOUR BEST SARCASM BEFORE READING THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE . . . ]

In a stunning turn of events, I got lost en route. Right around D.C. (beltway), and then once again trying to find my way around D.C. If somebody out there says "but isn't D.C. built on a grid" I will personally rip your tongue out. Thanks!

I decided to try another hotel in the Kimpton family, since I so enjoyed the Hotel Helix in May 2007. This time, I am at the Topaz Hotel. I loooooovvve my room. Hee hee, the only way I can describe it is as "chic fun." It's colorful, but not over the top. Contemporary, but not cold.

But damn, I am so loving this place right now. The only thing missing is someone to enjoy it with.

No comments: