Monday, October 15, 2007

Paperchase Progress, and A Thought?!

Got some great news about an hour ago . . . .


Hi J. and J.,

I received your certified dossier from Pennsylvania
Secretary of State today, and will send it to
New York
Chinese Consulate for authentication today.

Thanks,
Masha

Masha is the Chinese lady who works at Holt that handles our dossier paperwork (by the way, she costs extra -- as she provides a "document processing service," which means nothing to those of you who have never adopted internationally, but is something we considered to be important enough to pay extra for).

Anyhoo, we were THRILLED to get this note from Masha today! As soon as the Chinese Consultate in New York "authenticates" our dossier . . . it's sent off to China to be stamped with a "Log-In Date," which is SO HUGE!!!

We can't thank enough all of our friends and family who have been with us throughout ALL of our bullshit to get to this point. Seriously, I know I crack a lot of jokes, BUT, we continue to need everybody's support, understanding, humor, prayers, friendship, and love.

I know the payoff is out there, even if it feels a loooonnnnggg way off . . . which is why blogs like this one really keep me afloat (especially when I feel as if I will give up this endless treading of water and drown):

Waiting for Sophie

I challenge anyone to scroll down these photos and NOT fall in love with this little girl!!! Clearly, she is a bright shiny penny to all who come in contact with her (and has a Mom who knows how to find some damn stylish clothes for her little girl!)

I had shared this with Dr. J today, and we wound up having the following IM conversation:

Ms. J: did you see the China blog I sent you about that little girl Sophie? She is gorgeous!
Dr. J.:
I looked at it real quick, very pretty girl.
Ms. J: I looked back at the first photos of her, when they first got her, and the change is dramatic
Ms. J: CLEARLY, these people have a few bucks to throw around. The mom was rather hot, too
Dr. J:
milf?
Ms. J: DEFINTIELY
Dr. J:
just like you will be
Ms. J: Maybe i should have called our adoption bog "but i wanna be a MILF?
Dr. J: Nice!

No comments: